— Expressions of LA FEMME —
— International Women's Day—
We asked you to share one word with us on International Women's Day that makes you feel empowered. We are so inspired by your beautiful answers. Thank you for taking the time to share and being so open and vulnerable with us.
We have put together some of our favourites, the most powerful and the most common mentions below.
- Uplifting voices and challenging for a change. - Robyn Independence - Michelle
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." I am so appreciative of the strong, intelligent, talented, and resourceful women that I am surrounded by. Together and individually we are accomplishing our goals, encouraging each other, and constantly valuing our experiences and our progress. - Brooklyne
- Capability is what makes me feel empowered. The power of being able to do something for me and to bring out the best in people. - Itumeleng
- “Mama” - being a mother to my future daughter and future women leaders. - Nicole
- Spending time with mother earth and all her beings. - Kalo
- Freedom - ND
- Self-love - Tiffany
- Learning to embrace my insecurities and most authentic self - Jane
- The word “no” - Natalie
- Motherhood - Jamie
- Reminding myself that life is short but beautiful, and making every day as colour as I can is empowering. Surround yourself with those who are full of kindness and sunshine and all will be well. - Eira
- What makes me empowered is witnessing women break glass ceilings, uplift each other and demanding change in our world. Through the generosity of other women sharing their stores, I am reminded of my own power. - Taylor
- I am empowered by being vulnerable with others - Jamie
- I feel empowered when I celebrate my talented female friends - Yael
- Loving unconditionally - Alana
- The quality in being, the sun, my friendships, and understanding our bodies even flow - Gretchen
- Wild + magic women - Miriam
- Freedom of choice - Alexandria
We are empowered daily by the amazing community we have built with you all and being able to share it. Thank you all so much for sharing with us what empowers you.